Friday, February 22, 2013

Review ~ Inside Out Novellas One and Two by Lisa Renee Jones

Have you read If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones? 


Here's the blurb:

When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry.


Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more.

Add it to your Goodreads shelf.

Purchase from Amazon. 

 As you know I really liked it. :-)


 
I recently read two novellas from this series.


An Inside Out novella...

The secret life of Rebecca and the men who have seduced her.

These are the journals Sara never sees, but you the reader, will!

More details!

The journals read like stories and begin the first time Rebecca visits the gallery in the INSIDE OUT TRILOGY. You will meet Mark, Chris, Ava, Amanda, Ricco, and all the series characters as she does AND there are tons of clues to what happens in BEING ME in the first 4 serials. They are woven within the story ready for your discovery, as is Rebecca's dark, erotic journey.

Add it to your Goodreads shelf.

Purchase it from Amazon.




An Inside Out novella...

The secret life of Rebecca and the men who have seduced her.

These are the journals Sara never sees, but you the reader, will!

More Details:

The journals read like stories and begin the first time Rebecca visits the gallery in the INSIDE OUT TRILOGY. You will meet Mark, Chris, Ava, Amanda, Ricco, and all the series characters as she does AND there are tons of clues to what happens in BEING ME in the first 4 serials. They are woven within the story ready for your discovery, as is Rebecca's dark, erotic journey.

Add it to your Goodreads shelf.

Purchase it from Amazon.


My thoughts:

Because I liked If I Were You so much, I was eager to read the novellas in the hopes that they would fill in the blanks. I didn't get my wish. :-( These short stories left me wanting. I need some clues!

I have the other novellas pre-ordered and I will still read them but I am disappointed.

My advice to you, do not base the book on reviews of the novellas you may read. If I Were You was intriguing and very steamy. The novellas not so much.

The novellas had some steam but mostly they were about how Rebecca came to have the job at the gallery and her relationships with all of the characters we were introduced to in the book.

I am not saying to skip the novellas, I'm just saying don't go into it expecting answers and super steam. You too will be left wanting if you do. I am hoping the other novellas get more exciting. I'll be sure to let you know!

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you for commenting! Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. The link can be found at the top of the page!

9 comments:

  1. I have a few of Lisa Renee's other books on my Kindle waiting to be read. I'm going to event at the end of March in Tennessee with her and another author, so I wanted to read some of her books before then. So, as of yet I have not read any of her work. I have seen many posts about this series of books and have had mixed feelings. Not sure if I will like them or not. I decided to read the books I already have on my Kindle and if I enjoy her writing style, then I'm going to add these to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is always your best bet Josette. I would recommend reading If I Were You. It was really good! I just expected more from the novellas and didn't get it. :-(

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honesty... i haven't read anything by her yet, not sure if it was for me but at least now i know that if i want to discover her better start with the book not the novella to have a better idea^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try If I Were You if you like these types of books. I really enjoyed it.

      It's not even that the novellas were horrible or anything, I just thought they would be more exciting like the book and I found them to be kind of boring.

      Delete
  3. This was just posted on Facebook. Thought if any of you were thinking of reading them, you might like to know.

    "You WANT to read the journals BEFORE BEING ME. There are things in BEING ME that will ruin them for you!"
    ~Lisa Renee Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree. If I had read the novellas first, I would not have read If I Were You. :-)

      They do take place before the book though!

      If she really wanted them to be read before the book, she should have written them first.

      Delete
    2. +JMJ+

      Brenda makes a good point. May I add that since prequels were written after the first books in the series, reading them first might even spoil the books?

      Personally, I never read or watch prequels first unless I'm doing a marathon with a very specific structure.

      Delete
  4. +JMJ+

    No, Brenda, I haven't read If I Were You. I'm afraid it doesn't sound like my type of book! =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the honest review of the novellas. If I Were You is on my TBR, and I was thinking about reading these novellas, but it doesn't sound like I'd enjoy them, so I think I'll skip them.

    ReplyDelete